The company is the UK’s foremost premium biodiesel producer, delivering 50 million litres of clean road fuel a year. The company has recently installed a Biodiesel plant on the Stanlow Refinery in Ellesmere Port.
During offloading of a product, a procedural error caused a massive overflow of ‘Brown grease’ from one of the tri-canter feed tanks. The auxiliary pipework and motors connected to the tank as well as 5 lifts of scaffold directly beneath and around vessel were also affected by the spill.
The whole area needed to be decontaminated and the spillage removed.
This project had 3 major challenges:
• To deal with the ‘Brown Grease’. Although mostly a harmless substance, if left to soak into lagging or rags it can self-ignite. Removal of all residues was of utmost importance.
• With large parts of the plant still in the commissioning phase. A large area that would need to be cordoned off to allow for the decontamination work to be carried out.
• Our client are environmentally responsible and have company, local and national environmental standards. They conform to both local and national legislation and hold several licenses.
• All contamination was removed effectively and efficiently.
• The work was carried out over two twelve-hour night shifts to minimise the effect of the cleaning operation on both process and commissioning.
• Crest provided an environmentally friendly service using biodegradable detergents.
Crest’s industrial cleaning expertise, safe handling, timing and cleaning standards were all well above the customer’s expectations.
The entire process took just 24 hours over 2 night shifts ensuring minimal disruption to the commissioning and process operations. Our commitment to help our client protect the environment means only biodegradable detergents were used.
In this case, all washings could go back into the system for processing.
Awaiting Testimonial. We have a thank you email.